We (Pinnacle Search and Rescue) were awarded a $50,000 grant from the Albertson’s Foundation. The funds will be used to replenish our (Pinnacle Search and Rescue) funds spent during previous hurricanes to help get disaster victims back on their feet.
The grant will be used to purchase food and other necessities for disaster victims, including medicines.
The funds will also be used to replenish our existing inventory of supplies distributed at our warehouse and for a refrigerated trailer which will help transport medicine safely before, during, and after the disaster strikes.
Pinnacle Search and Rescue plans to have the trailer wrapped with both of our logos: ours (Pinnacle Search & Rescue) as well as the Albertson’s Foundation.
This grant comes on the heels of our recent Gary Sinise donation that helped train our volunteers in swift-water rescue.
About the Albertson’s Foundation
The Albertsons Companies Foundation is dedicated to bettering the lives of people in our neighborhoods.
They support causes that impact their customers’ lives and create awareness through their stores, vendors, and customers.
The foundation takes pride in ensuring that most of the funds are directed to local organizations, focusing on improving the quality of life for communities served by Albertsons Companies
In 2020 alone, they:
- Donated $239 Million in funds to feed those in need
- Reached 13 MIllion individuals
- Helped over 3000 Organizations like Pinnacle Search and Rescue (Cajun Navy 2016)
- Provided 350 Million meals to feed hungry families, including 35 Million breakfasts for kids
- Invested $9 Million in BIPOC communities (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) communities via hunger programs
- Invested $10.4 Million in schools to feed hungry children during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Provided $472k to feed hungry seniors
- Invested $4 Million dedicated to creating innovative programs to unlock new ways to feed people.
- Connected 65,000 people with SNAP benefits.
How can you help the Albertson’s Foundation?
The Albertsons Companies Foundation encourages individuals and companies to support their organization. You can help by donating on their website and learning more about the foundation on their website.
About Pinnacle Search and Rescue (Cajun Navy 2016)
Pinnacle Search and Rescue (Cajun Navy 2016) is a Louisiana-based non-profit search and rescue organization formed immediately after Hurricane Katrina in 2005 by community members.
Learn more about us and how you can help.
We are a non-profit, tax-exempt entity dedicated to saving lives through community service. We are a volunteer organization that has saved countless people during various natural disasters since our founding.
Additionally, Pinnacle Search and Rescue (Cajun Navy 2016) is active in our local communities to help support various causes, including donating school supplies to elementary schools, cleaning local waterways, and more.
How can you help Pinnacle Search and Rescue (Cajun Navy 2016)?
Pinnacle Search and Rescue (Cajun Navy 2016) needs additional funds and volunteers to help support our efforts in saving lives.
You can help by:
- Volunteering your time by joining us on disaster relief missions
- Purchasing items from our online store
Through generous donations and partnerships from volunteers and organizations like the Albertsons Foundation, Pinnacle Search and Rescue (Cajun Navy 2016) can save lives.