Jon and I are honored and grateful to announce The White House has invited Pinnacle Search and Rescue to the ceremony honoring the Houston Astros! This time Jon will be bringing 5 members of our group with him.
It is truly a blessing to have a POTUS who understands and recognizes the significance of citizens helping citizens.
Hundreds of men and women volunteered their time and resources to help over the last 2 years, and many continue to do so, we would like to thank each of you.
We are excited to be able to share this experience with some very deserving men, who were an integral part of the Cajun Navy movement during the Hurricane Harvey disaster and recovery.
These men show what can happen when everyday people step up to help others.
In a continuation of support for our neighbors in Texas, we will be at the ceremony Monday honoring the Houston Astros for their World Series Championship!
John Able is from Blanchard, La. John has a 6-year-old son.
John and his team, started rescues on Monday, August 28th in Dayton, TX
On Tuesday, Lee Tullis, Dylan Lumpkin, Mal Sneed, Dustin Jones with S3 Powersports, and John, launched in the Kingwood area where they spent 13 hours rescuing in different neighborhoods by way of the San Jacinto River.
On Wednesday they helped to evacuate the Robert A. Bowers Civic Center, it was a designated shelter holding 500 people, and had started taking on water the night before.
After that they went on to Port Arthur and combed through the neighborhoods looking for anyone needing rescue.
Ben Husser resides in Hammond, La. with his wife Barbara and their children.
Ben has been an active member of the Louisiana National Guard for 26 years.
He has been actively involved in all hurricane and storm missions in the state of Louisiana since Hurricane Katrina.
During the Great Flood of 2016, Ben was doing boat rescues in Robert, Denham Springs, and St. Amant.
When Harvey struck, he led a team of over 50 volunteers in Channel View, Tx.
Later he was asked to help in Port Arthur where he found a flooded nursing home with over 70 residents.
Ben led the charge to bring the residents to safety.
Today, he continues to volunteer as a leader and prepare Pinnacle Search and Rescue for future events.
Billy Brinegar resides in Watson, La. with his family.
Billy is a father and grandfather.
He has been in the auto repair industry for 26 years and owns Budget Transmission in Baton Rouge, La.
Recognizing a need and being someone who desires to help others, he loaded up his cooking supplies and drove to Pasadena, Tx., where he spent days cooking and serving those in need.
Along with the help of James Martin and his daughter Megan Johnson, they were able to serve 3000 plates of jambalaya!
Rev. Louis Husser is the senior pastor at Crossgate Church in Robert, La., where he has served for the past 26 years.
Rev. Husser has served as a minister and evangelist for over 40 years including;
- disaster relief chaplain for Louisiana Baptist Convention
- former Chairman of Louisiana Baptist Convention for Moral and Social Concerns
- gospel recording artist
Louis is currently authoring a book entitled â€œHow to Forgiveâ€.
During Hurricane Katrina, Crossgate served as a hub for needed supplies.
Several tons of commodities poured through to those in need.
In 2016 Crossgate flooded, yet they were determined to help their community before rebuilding.
When Harvey hit, Rev. Husser wanting to give back, gladly joined his son in a boat doing rescues in Houston, Channelview, Beaumont, and Port Arthur.
Rev. Husser was instrumental in helping Pinnacle Search and Rescue to move supplies into Texas.
- The Importance of Life Jackets (Even While Swimming)
- The Role of Technology in Pinnacle Search and Rescue Efforts
- The Power of Drones in Search and Rescue Missions
- Water Safety Tips from Pinnacle Search and Rescue (Cajun Navy 2016)
- Partner Spotlight – CrowdSource Rescue
- Why You Should Consider Volunteering With a Search and Rescue Team
- How to Stay Safe and Prepared While Hunting in the Winter
- Albertson’s Foundation Grant
- What is the Cajun Navy, and what makes them so different?
- Cajun Navy 2016) is Staging Equipment in Preparation for Hurricane IDA’s South Louisiana Landfall
- The Power of the Crowd in Disaster Relief and Recovery Efforts.
- Ten Ways to Stay Safe During Hurricane Season
- Gary Sinise Foundation Invests in Cajun Navy 2016 Volunteers
- Partner Highlight – The Cajun Army
- What Is The Cajun Navy?
- Pinnacle SAR (Cajun Navy 2016) is partnering with the First Responders Children’s Foundation.
- Cajun Navy 2016’s Hurricane Sally Response
- Storm response while COVID-19 aware
- To “Float the Boats” or Not?
- The Lady That Donated 4 Dollars
- Cajun Navy Search and Rescue
- Cajun Navy Documentary
- White House Bound to Support Texas and the Astros
- A Gift for the President
- The White House Calls
- Hurricane Harvey
- Who is Pinnacle Search and Rescue?
- Become a Member of Pinnacle Search and Rescue
- Christmas Dinner Delivery
- Thank You Letters From Spring Woods High School In Houston!
- Our Story – Pinnacle Search and Rescue
- Louisiana Christmas Ladder